With all the concern and action involved around COVID-19, we wanted to make sure your MTG addiction isn't neglected during these trying times. A lot of FNM and game store events have been cancelled and that leaves players with few options to get their Magic fix.
We here at MTGCardsmith want to you to stay safe in the uncertainty of today's reality. Follow all appropriate medical advice and self quarantine when necessary. Public gatherings in a lot of places have been banned or relegated to groupings of less than 10. If you do go out, protect yourself and keep your card collection safe by wearing gloves and sleeving all your cards. If you choose to stay home we've put together some options and ideas for you!
Wizards of the Coast has added a lot of fun things to Arena, but the one thing they have added since beta testing is the ability to invite friends to play. This is a great way to play MTG with your friends and fellow cardsmiths without leaving the comfort of your own home!
These guys made a fantastic site where you can play any version of Magic with any Magic cards that you might want to play. Want to play Commander? Want to play with the Power Nine? Want to play Weatherlight or Lorwyn? Untap.in is the place for you. But the cherry on top of the sundae is that you can upload your own Custom Made cards from MTG Cardsmith and play with them!
How to Upload Custom Cards to Untap.in
First, go to untap.in and create a log in. Most people use their Cardsmith name, but that's not a requirement. Once you've logged in you can begin.
1. Click [Decks]
2. Click [Create Deck]
3. Type in a deck name.
4. Select Custom CCG
5. Click [Create Deck]
6. Click "Add Missing Card"
7. Type in the card's name, paste the image Url, give more information that help us find the card.
8. Type in the card name in the search box
9. Find the card from the result
10. Drag it to your deck.
A couple of tips before loading your Custom Cards.
1. Make sure your card is how you want it to be. We can't just delete cards with mistakes, so if you load 5 different versions of a card, everyone will have to try to sort through and find the correct version.
2. Make sure you put your cards in the Custom CCG category
3. Spelling is important. If you misspell the card name, you might not find it again and if you post the name for others to use, they might not find it at all.
MTG Cardsmith Is Here To Enjoy
We're here and available for you to enjoy and create in this time of stress and anxiety. When you find yourself bored and looking for something to do, we'll be here for you. You can find social interactions in the forums and on the member fueled Disqus card comments. We'll stay open 24 hours a day, no matter where you are in the world, so you can create all the Magic you need!
Brought to you by Corwinnn, Tomigon & Ian_The_Guru!!