In the last year, we've done everything from new Hybrid Borders
, major account updates
, and Edit Card
functionality - on top of two major site contests and our daily site upkeep
. However we didn't get everything done and there are plenty of projects we are waiting to sink our teeth into! Here is a brief look at our goals for MTG Cardsmith and the community in the year ahead.
1. Major Server Update
- things get old, and we're behind on some important updates that are preventing us from delivering an A+ experience with card editors. This is not only the most necessary update, it's also the most risky and hardest to plan for. Regardless, it must be done and therefore is the first item on our list. Once complete, new features ahead should be much smoother. Time Estimate: 1 month
2. Mobile Friendly Uploader
- With #1 out of the way we can finalize the remaining work left here, and standardize around a solid, mobile-friendly upload/crop experience.
3. Update M15 Editor Form
- All of our editors are due for a facelift, so we're starting with the primary editor first.
4. M15 Planeswalker Edito
r - Using the above inertia, we're due for a new planeswalker creator, with the latest frames, advanced features and a better uploader.
5. Retire Modern editor
- This was the first editor ever made, and it shows its age on the front and in its code. We'd like to retire this editor, and potentially include modern frame selection options in the M15 card editor as an alternative.
6. Additional account features and site design improvements.
These are the major goals we have lined up. We also aim to keep improving and adding features as the game of Magic continues to change, and of course new set icons and new contests
! With your help
, we can get things in a solid place where we can continue adding ideas like transforms, full-art frames, and other community ideas.
Thank you for your support in 2016, and if you like what we're doing, we hope you will continue or start supporting
us in the year ahead.
Happy New Year!
-The MTG Cardsmith Team
ps. We're holding a New Year's contest until January 28th: 2017, Year of the Fire Rooster